Dope Test 2021:
- Swarnagiri coffee: Comes from Swarnagiri estate also known as The Golden Mountain and Coorg’s gift to the world of coffee. This estate is run by the same family for the last five generations. It’s a Single Estate 100 % Arabica coffee
This Coffee when you make it with a Moka Pot has a very strong taste notes of Tobacco and has bitter after taste.
Made with 15 gms of coffee & 200 ml of Water.
When I made this same with V60 the nutmeg and Dry fruits gave the balance to the coffee
- Mysore Nuggets: It’s said there is just about 2% of India’s AAA-rated beans ( A quality that has been roasted for a longer time to give a stronger flavour to your brewed coffee.) that qualify as Mysore nuggets. The aroma is so powerful you would have had a caffeine high by just opening the bag of this. Another speciality coffee that’s 100 % Arabica
The Mysore Nuggets was Coarsely ground for the French Press and had the butterscotch & cornflakes more prominent than the Caramel. Flavours we’re too diluted.
The Coffee when you make it using the pour-over method taste and of toasted cornflakes with a hint of caramel & butterscotch that balances the coffee very well!
- Nilgiris: Nilgiri Estate is known as Blue Mountain since it’s derived from a word Nilagri that translates to Blue Mountain as there are blooms and cluster of flowering species Strobilanthes kunthiana’ that are also known as Neela Kurinji hill slopes of Tamil Nadu. Sugar Cane, Orange and Eucalyptus to are grown in the same region giving this coffee distinct flavours
The Coffee has prominent notes of raisin and Malt and slight hints of Jaggery and Butterscotch.
The Coffee taste the heavy and very strong taste of Malt
- Polaris: This is an Astral Blend that has been two coffee estate blended for a cold brew experience that doesn’t need to be had only black but can be enjoyed with milk or as a cocktail
Cold French Press: The Coffee when you have a cold brew French Press is stronger and darker with caramelised and Smokey taste are sharper in the French Press
Cold Pour Over: All the three notes nutty, Slightly Smokey and caramelised flavours go with this Polaris cold brew coffee a light brew that closely reminds me of the araku selection coffee.
- Whiskey Barrel: Specialty Robusta Coffee that has been aged in a whiskey barrel that has the fermented taste to it! A must-try for all the experimental coffee drinkers.
Iced pour-over: Has a sharp taste and smell of Fermented Whiskey with more oakish barrel taste. That makes the coffee drink less sweetish.
French Press: This taste just like Whiskey the fermented smell & taste sweeter. This taste more like coffee and less like whiskey!
If I have to choose a coffee that I would order again. It would be the Nilgris.